1. Can I make appointments via email?
No you must ring the clinics on 1300 859 887 to make or change an appointment.
2. Can I contact my Practitioner via email?
Patient care will not be discussed via email. This is not only a legal requirement, but ensures patients receive the appropriate time and care from their practitioner.
3. Do I need a referral?
As at 1 November, 2010, a referral from a doctor is required to see a Sports and Exercise Physician at Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre.
A referral is required if you are coming to see one of our orthopaedic surgeons at OPSMC.
Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre encourages referrals to be provided for all practitioners if possible as a referral or letter from a practitioner who has been treating you for the condition or injury may be helpful and allow for appropriate communication.
Please do remember to bring any relevant information, x-rays, scans etc relating to your condition or injury to your appointment.
4. Do I need to bring anything or wear anything in particular?
- Bring any x-ray or ultrasound scans that are relevant to your injury with you.
- Wear comfortable clothing if possible.
- For podiatry bring your sports shoes in.
- For Compartment pressure testing, you will need to wear your exercise clothes (for more information print out the attached sheet available under 'Patient Information Sheets' at the right of this page)
5. Is parking available?
- Yes, free parking is available for our patients at our Olympic Park campus.
You will need to enter via Gate F off Olympic Boulevard (formerly Swan St) directly adjacent to the Clinic.
Keep your pass with you for validation by our receptionists once you have paid your account.
- For our East Melbourne campus, there is a multi-story carpark in Grey Street. Alternatively, metered parking surrounds the clinic and nearby streets.
- At our new Geelong Campus, metered parking is available in the surrounding streets
For additional information and instructions about parking and location please visit the section under: Clinic Information
6. Do Sports Physicians specialize on particular parts of the body?
All Sports physicians are trained to examine and diagnose all musculoskeletal conditions throughout the body.
7. Do I need to pay for the visit at the time?
- Yes, payment is required on the same day of service.
Please note: Sports Physicians will attract a medicare rebate to be claimed back by the patient.
We do provide Hicaps service for podiatry and physiotherapy.
Please note: Medicare / Private Health Insurance usually only provide a partial rebate of the fee charged.
8. Do you treat workcover and TAC Patients?
Yes we do, but please be aware you will still need to pay for your consultation on the day and claim it back yourself. TAC and workcover may only partially cover the cost of services at this clinic.
9. Is there a cancellation policy?
Yes. Please phone the clinic 24 hours prior to your appointment if you wish to cancel or change your appointment. A cancellation fee applies after this period.