Mark Scotney has over 10 years of experience working in the sports private practice setting. Mark has worked with both elite and amateur athletes, male and female in a wide array of sports including soccer, rowing, multi-sport, triathlon, running, AFL football, cycling (mountain and road), skiing and snowboarding.
He specialises in shoulders, groin, pelvic, hip, back and lower limb tendon injuries. This interest developed in his time at Melbourne Victory Soccer Club and his own experiences with injuries obtained from 20 plus years of soccer and adventure sport participation. Mark’s clinical approach combines hands-on treatment in combination with an exercise based rehabilitation program which can include gym and Clinical Pilates programs. His goal is to provide you with a long-term self-management strategy to return you to your desired activity as soon as possible with minimal risk of reoccurrence.
He has extensive experience in the rehabilitation of the post-surgical hip, in particular hip arthroscopy, and the post-surgical shoulder.
Mark Scotney has completed his Level 4 DMA Clinical Pilates training which he has found to be very effective in assisting with the rehabilitation of groin, hip, back and lower limb injuries. He uses Real Time Ultrasound as part of this process
Mark offers athlete screening for injury prevention and performance maximisation for swimmers, rowers and soccer players.
Mark prefers his initial consult for people presenting with chronic hip or groin injuries, and country patients presenting for an opinion to be for one hour’s duration. This allows for a full detailed assessment, diagnosis and management process to be established on the day and avoids the need for another early follow up appointment.
Career Highlights / Affiliations / Associations
- Physiotherapist – Olympic Winter Institute of Australia Network (2015–present)
- Physiotherapist – Middle Park Soccer Club (2007–present)
- Physiotherapist – Melbourne Victory Football Club (2011-2012)
- Physiotherapist – AFL Tasmania (2010)
- Physiotherapist – Rowing Australia (2010)
- Physiotherapist – Sandringham Sabres Senior Men’s Basketball Club (2006-2010)
- Physiotherapist – Taylor-made Triathlon (2007-2010)
- Physiotherapist – Australian Soccer Skool (2009)
- Coach – Boroondara Eagles FC Girls Soccer (2007-2013)
Choose location to book an appointment now