OPSMC - Geelong Campus
Todd Brown is part of the Olympic Park Sports Medicine team in Geelong. He graduated with honours in Podiatry from Charles Sturt University in 2004. Todd's honours research focused on the use of ultrasound sonography in the diagnosis of interdigital neuromas. He has an extensive background in athletic footwear and experience in both public sector and private podiatry practice.
Todd is interested in using footwear, muscle strengthening and orthotics to prevent and rehabilitate foot and lower limb injuries. He also incorporates dry needling into his clinical practices to reduce trigger points within muscles of the lower limb.
Todd has developed an interest in current footwear trends and different running techniques and currently incorporates this into his clinical practices.
He is passionate about endurance events in particular Ironman triathlon and hopes to one day qualify for Hawaiian Ironman.
- Bachelor of Podiatry (Honours)
- Dry Needling for Podiatrists
- Triathlon training
- Running races/social
- Member Australian Podiatry Association
- Sports Medicine Australia
- Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
Personal Sporting Experience
- 2011 Ironman NZ
- 2010 Ironman Australia
- GFL Premiership St.Mary’s (2008)
- 2003 Melbourne Marathon
Greatest Sporting Moments
- Sub 10 hrs 1st Ironman triathlon (IM Australia 2010)
- 2 days training with Craig Alexander (2 x Hawaii Winner)
- Murray Bushrangers Premiership player (1998)
Last Updated on Friday, 09 September 2011 11:23