Dr Dan Exeter
MBChB PGDip Sports Med
Dr Dan Exeter is a Sports and Exercise Medicine Registrar. He graduated from the University of Otago in 2002 and gained extensive experience in Emergency Medicine before starting his Sports Medicine Specialist Training in Auckland. His team involvement in N.Z. was primarily with rugby union. He moved to OPSMC in 2012 and also works as one of the Team Physicians at Hawthorn Football Club.
Dan enjoys seeing athletes of all ages and abilities, from elite athletes to 'weekend warriors' and, away from work, enjoys tennis and snow sports.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Otago University 2002
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Medicine, Auckland University 2010
Team and Event Involvement
- Chiefs Super Rugby Development 2011
- Counties Manukau Rugby Union 2010-11
- Oceania World Cup Qualifiers (Soccer) 2010-11
- Auckland City FC 2011
- ITU World Cup and World Championship Triathlon 2009, 2011
- ASB Classic and Heineken Open Tennis 2010
- Anderson L, Exeter D, Bowyer L. Sudden cardiac death: mandatory exclusion of athletes at risk is a step too far. BJSM (published online ahead of print) 10.1136/bjsports-2011-090260.
- Exeter D, Connell DA. Skeletal Muscle: Functional Anatomy and Physiology. Semin. Musculoskelet. Radiol. 2010;14:97–105.
- Exeter D, Kemp S. Cardiac Screening Policy for English Rugby Football Union 2009.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 May 2012 10:10