Sports & Exercise Medicine Registrar
OPSMC since 2011
Dr Krishant Naidu is a Sports & Exercise Medicine Registrar who has recently joined Olympic Parks Sports Medicine Centre. His is currently involved with the Melbourne Storm Rugby League Team, Melbourne Victory Youth Team and Athletics Australia Junior development program.
His professional interests include using
exercise and sport to promote wellness and prevent morbidity.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery - University of Melbourne 2002
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Medicine - Auckland University 2012
Completed Internship and Residency at Austin Health with rotations to the Northern Hospital, Bendigo and Echuca Base Hospitals.
Completed Basic Surgical Training with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Experience as Orthopaedic Registrar - The Northern Hospital and Western Health.
- Registrar Australian College of Sports Physicians
- Undertaking Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Medicine (Auckland University)
Involvement in Teams/Events
- Melbourne Storm Rugby League Football Club U20 team doctor
- Melbourne Victory Youth Team
- Athletics Australia
- Athletics Australia Team doctor to World Youth Championships in Lille, France 2011
- Collingwood Football Club VFL team doctor 2010-2011
- Melbourne Victory Football Team, A-League Away Team Doctor 2010-2011
- UCI Cycling World Cup, Melbourne, Victoria 2009
- Volunteer medical officer at Victorian State GKR Karate Tournaments 2007-2008
- General Registration as a Medical Practitioner, Victoria, Australia
- Associate Member: Australasian College of Sports Physicians
- Member: Sports Medicine Australia
- Member: Australian Medical Association
- Naidu K, Smith K, Sheedy M, Adair B, Yu X, Graham HK. Systemic Adverse events following botulinum toxin A therapy in children with cerebral palsy. 2010 Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology. 52;2:139-144
- Naidu KS, Chin T, Harris C, Talbot S. Atraumatic Bilateral Peroneal Compartment Syndrome after Horse Riding. 2009 American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 27, 901. e3-901.e5
- Lawrentschuk N, Ooi J, Pang A, Naidu K, Bolton DM. Cystoscopy in females with recurrent urinary tract infections- Int J Urol, 2006; 13: 350-353
- A Randomised trial of Corticosteriod, Aethoxysclerol and Autologous Blood Injections for chronic elbow common extensor tendinopathy (tennis elbow)
Using exercise and sport to promote wellness and prevent morbidity
- Member Brunswick Hockey Club 2009-present
- Hockey, Tennis, Cricket, Golf, Squash, Rugby (union and league), Football (Soccer and Australian Rules)
Greatest Sporting Moments
- Past Champion (with Dr Kevin Bundy of NSW) of the Australasian College of Sports Physicians Tennis Tournament
- Medley Hall Sportsman of the Year 1997
- Gold Medal GKR Victorian State Karate Tournament Kata 7th-8th Kyu 2007
Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 March 2012 10:55