Dr Peter Baquie
Sport & Exercise Medicine Physician
MB BS FACSP FRACGP DipOH DipOb
OPSMC since 1994
Dr Peter Baquie following a stint in rural general practice in South Gippsland, has been privileged to be able to combine sport and exercise medicine consultations at Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre with team physician roles with hockey, Melbourne Storm, Hawthorn and Collingwood clubs and currently North Melbourne Football Club whilst still striving to gain an understanding of care of lower limb soft tissue injuries and healing.
Dr Baquie has been involved with the Australian men's hockey team, the Kookaburras, for seven years which included their gold medal winning performance in Athens in 2004. Team involvement since has been with NRL and AFL and Australian Olympic Team as Medical Director of the Australian Olympic Team for Beijing in 2008 and London 2012.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Fellow of Australian College of Sports Physicians (FACSP)
- Fellow Royal Aust College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Diploma Occupational Health
- Diploma Obstetrics Royal Australian College Obstetrics
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- North Melbourne Football Club AFL Team Physician
- Hawthorn Football Club
- Collingwood Football Club
- Carlton Football Club AFL
- Melbourne Storm
- Australia Men's Hockey Team
- Hawthorn Football Club AFL - Team Physician
Greatest sporting moments
Athens Olympics 2004 Kookaburras Gold Medal and 2008 AFL Premiership with Hawthorn.
Last Updated on Saturday, 22 November 2014 16:54