Dr Peter Baquie
Sport & Exercise Medicine Physician
MB BS FACSP FRACGP DipOH DipOb
OPSMC since 1994
After graduating in 1976, Dr Peter Baquie worked in a rural general practice for 10 years before specialising in sports medicine. His interests are in hockey medicine, adolescent and paediatric sports medicine, dance medicine and team medical provision. Dr Baquie has been involved with the Australian men’s hockey team, the Kookaburras, for seven years which included their gold medal winning performance in Athens in 2004.
Dr Peter Baquie was Medical Director of the Australian Olympic Team for the Beijing Games in 2008.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Fellow of Australian College of Sports Physicians (FACSP)
- Fellow Royal Aust College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Diploma Occupational Health
- Diploma Obstetrics Royal Australian College Obstetrics
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- Hawthorn Football Club AFL –Team Physician
- Carlton Football Club AFL
- Melbourne Storm
- Australia Men’s Hockey Team
Greatest sporting moments…
Athens Olympics 2004 Kookaburras Gold Medal!
Medical Director, Australian Olympic Team, Beijing 2008
Last Updated on Friday, 01 July 2011 10:16