Dr Peter Baquie
Sport & Exercise Medicine Physician
MB BS FACSP FRACGP DipOH DipOb
OPSMC since 1994
After graduating in 1976, Dr Peter Baquie worked in a rural general practice in Foster in South Gippsland for 10 years before specialising in sports medicine. He has been privileged to combine Sport and Exercise Medicine consulting with Team Physician roles with a research interest in trying to understand lower limb soft tissue strain healing.
Dr Baquie has been involved with the Australian men’s hockey team, the Kookaburras, for seven years which included their gold medal winning performance in Athens in 2004. Team involvement since has been with NRL and AFL and Australian Olympic Team as Medical Director of the Australian Olympic Team for Beijing in 2008 and London 2012.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Fellow of Australian College of Sports Physicians (FACSP)
- Fellow Royal Aust College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Diploma Occupational Health
- Diploma Obstetrics Royal Australian College Obstetrics
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- Collingwood Football Club AFL –Team Physician
- Carlton Football Club AFL
- Melbourne Storm
- Australia Men’s Hockey Team
- Hawthorn Football Club AFL - Team Physician
Greatest sporting moments…
Athens Olympics 2004 Kookaburras Gold Medal and 2008 AFL Premiership with Hawthorn.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 April 2014 21:18